Design Assistant - Women's Fashion
Commensurate with experience
Goondiwindi Cotton is an Australian owned and operated family farming business. We specialise in the use of natural fibres such as Cotton, Linen, Merino/ Cotton and Cotton/ Cashmere to design and manufacture two seasonal collections a year for women. As a wholesale business, we stock over 200 boutiques nationally and in recent times, we have experienced dynamic growth to our online business. With a passion for the region, Goondiwindi Cotton also operates a farm and town tour business showcasing the process of manufacturing garments from field to fabric.
A fantastic opportunity not to be missed for all Design Assistants! This is your chance to develop your career as a designer. Based in our Sydney Head Office at Alexandria this is a permanent / full time position. We create seasonal ranges that are sold to independent retailers
Day to day, this role is responsible for…
- Assist with creative research; concepts, silhouettes and graphics, seasonal range development.
- Prepare mood boards
- Illustrator sketches of new styles and render illustrations for presentation when required.
- Create tech packs for sampling and production
- Swatch new season collections, storyboard and range book creation.
- Prepare seasonal creative documentation for Marketing presentations when required.
- Attend Proto and pre production fittings for ranges and process fit comments where required.
- Work closely with our Designers on Product Development for all brands.
- Regular Design studio maintenance and organisation
- Attend seasonal campaign and e-comm photo shoots.
The successful applicant will have proven career history providing…
- A high level of initiative
- A strong sense of collaboration
- The ability to work independently but also within a team environment
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Amazing time management, organisational skills and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- A commercial handwriting and the ability to design ranges that are instrumental in driving sales.
- A good sense of humour
- Mid–high-level competency with Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw or Photoshop CAD.
- Minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar product development role for a premium apparel or lifestyle brand.
- A deep understanding of construction, knowledge of fabrications and trims for categories with experience in wovens, knits and knitwear.
- Strong offshore production experience.
- Experience in range development for a wholesale brand an advantage but not essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills